How Much Can a 2022 Toyota Tacoma Tow?
For reliable power and comfortable amenities on your Jackson adventures, you can turn to the 2022 Toyota Tacoma. But, just how much can a Toyota Tacoma tow? When you’re next trip calls for impressive capabilities, the Toyota Tacoma towing capacity is supporting you with up to 6,800 pounds when properly equipped. Read on with Toyota of Brookhaven to explore the towing power across the Tacoma lineup and what’s offered in the new Toyota Tacoma‘s tow package. Then, contact us to schedule a test drive on Brookhaven streets today!
2022 Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity & Configuration Options
No matter which model you choose, the standard 2022 Tacoma towing capacity is 3,500 pounds. However, if you’re wondering how much can a Toyota Tacoma tow around Monticello, you’ll need the proper trailer hitch to reach the 6,800-pound towing capacity. Whether you’re doing your neighbor a favor or you’re hauling a small camper or boat on your weekend getaway, the Tacoma is up for the job. Let’s take a look at the Toyota Tacoma towing capacity on the base trim:
Tacoma SR Towing Capacity
- 4×2 Access Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 3,500 pounds
- 4×2 Access Cab w/ V6 Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 6,800 pounds
- 4×2 Double Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 5-feet Bed – 3,500 pounds
- 4×4 Access Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 3,500 pounds
- 4×4 Access Cab w/ V6 Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 6,500 pounds
The 2022 Tacoma also offers a V6 engine. Keep in mind that the engine, cab, and bed options affect the Toyota Tacoma towing capacity.
2022 Toyota Tacoma Engines Specs
Take on your Monticello trips in a model that fits your driving style. The Tacoma lineup’s strong towing power is backed by even stronger performance from the engine configurations that allow you to confidently take on your daily drives. Here are the specs you can expect with each Tacoma engine option:
2.7L DOHC 4-cylinder engine
- 159 hp
- 180 lb-ft of torque
3.5 L V6 Direct-Injection Atkinson Cycle engine
- 278 hp
- 265 lb-ft of torque
3.5 L V6 DOHC Direct-Injection Atkinson Cycle engine
- 278 hp
- 265 lb-ft of torque
2022 Toyota Tacoma Performance Technology
Wherever the road takes you, the 2022 Tacoma has your back with a wealth of safety and driver-assist technology to provide you with capable performance and ensure your towing jobs are safe. Some of the features include:
- Standard six-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)
- Variable-assist power rack-and-pinion steering
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Toyota Safety Sense™
- Coil-spring double-wishbone front suspension
- Sport-tuned suspension (TRD Off-Road Sport)
- Tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks (TRD Off-Road)
- Electronically controlled locking rear differential (TRD Off-Road)
What’s in the 2022 Toyota Tacoma Tow Package?
As mentioned, to reach the maximum Toyota Tacoma towing capacity, you’ll need to make sure you have the right equipment. To safely pull your cargo around McComb, the Toyota Tacoma tow package includes:
- Class IV receiver hitch with trailing wiring
- 4/7-pin connector that sits cleanly inside the three-piece bumper
- Transmission cooler
- Engine oil cooler
- 130-amp alternator
- Heavy-duty battery
- Trailer-Sway Control
Test Drive a New Tacoma with Toyota of Brookhaven!
Ready to see how much can a Toyota Tacoma tow on your trips around Jackson? Continue to explore the 2022 Tacoma with Toyota of Brookhaven. Be sure to take advantage of our new vehicle specials, and prepare with our value your trade and payment calculator tools when you’re ready to take a model home.
More from Toyota of Brookhaven
Is the 2022 Toyota RAV4 fuel efficient? It sure is! Especially when you consider the 2022 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid MPG. Driving a compact SUV in Jackson or Monticello doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money at the pump. How many miles per gallon does the 2022 Toyota RAV4 get? Toyota of Brookhaven is…
Is the 2022 Toyota Corolla fuel efficient? It sure is! Whether you choose the traditional gasoline or hybrid powertrain for Jackson driving, you’re going to be thrilled with the 2022 Toyota Corolla gas mileage. How many miles per gallon does the 2022 Toyota Corolla get? The top Toyota Corolla MPG clocks in at an…
Toyota fans around Brookhaven can’t stop talking about the 2022 Toyota Camry. With a new engine option and enhanced performance features, and even a hybrid trim level, there’s lots to love about this popular sedan. But what are the 2022 Toyota Camry MPG ratings? Discover the 2022 Toyota Camry MPG ratings here with Toyota of Brookhaven,…